Are you interested in being part of a fast paced technology company offering the next generation of online payment systems and services? Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce.
An immediate need exists for a Systems Engineer within the Global Payments Operations team. The GP Operations team is responsible for support of all Amazon.com Payments systems. Additionally, this team is involved in the full development and operational lifecycles of our globally distributed multi-billion dollar processing high scale systems and applications.
Job Title: Systems Engineer, Amazon.com Global Payment Services
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ownership of many production components.
- Monitoring of production applications, including designing and implementing automated methods to monitor production applications.
- Coordinating installation of Payments server infrastructure.
- Analyzing and improving availability, efficiency, capacity, scalability, security and performance of Payments systems.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems with production systems.
- Documenting production systems.
- Developing and maintaining operations tools.
- Representing GP Operations while working with internal teams and external banking/financial partners.
GP Operations engineers are expected to have a strong sense of ownership of one or more areas while being encouraged to specialize in specific areas when desired.
- GP Operations engineers will be part of a 12x7 (globally split 24x7) on-call rotation (pager, cellphone) for all Payments systems.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and several years of relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Excellent knowledge of server hardware troubleshooting.
- Experience in deploying and supporting web and/or payments applications in a 24x7 production environment.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking & security fundamentals (DNS, Secure File Transfers, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, WANs, etc.) .
- Functional Scripting/Programming knowledge (e.g. Perl (preferred), Shell, Python, etc.).
- Excellent customer service, communication, documentation, work prioritization and analytical skills.
- C/C++/Java and Web Services programming. Prior experience in product development is a huge plus.
- Performance tuning (especially web servers, middleware and databases (Oracle preferred))
- Cisco certification (CCNA or higher) or equivalent networking experience
- Expert knowledge of application and infrastructure security
- Database programming and administration
If interested request you to share your updated profile to email@example.com